Saturday, September 10, 2005

How to begin...

For any writer, the blank page is filled with the majesty of all that could be said, and is thus nothing short of abhorrent. After publishing the very first post, I've had a tendency to freeze, not wanting to say the wrong thing and spoil this beautiful piece of paper (er, web real estate).

But the tone of this blog is just going to have to sort itself out over time. We need to allay our fears, to abandon our urge to keep our reputations pristine, and step out into the void. Constant fear is one of the forces manipulating Americans to abandon our ideals in service of the interests of the powerful. If we as a nation don't free ourselves from the fear of this fear, we may never regain what we have lost. We who write here have to be pioneers in that effort.

Our writing may not often be Pulitzer-worthy, and we're sure to make errors (and have them glaringly pointed out ;-) but we refuse to cower. So here we go.

2 Comments:

Blogger John said...

I know I need a little more expertise in blogger... for example, how can I post without my pic posting along as well. Jeez, looks like I'm ready to sell some timeshares or somethin'.

9/11/2005 9:39 PM  
Blogger bing said...

Hm, good question. I'd have thought there'd be a checkbox in the Profile editor, but no such luck. I found nothing in Help, so you might try contacting Blogger support.

9/11/2005 11:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home